We are Coachman Caravan Company Limited, a registered company established in England and Wales (company number 02014660), whose registered office is at Amsterdam Road, Sutton Fields, Industrial Estate, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU7 0XF.
Coachman Caravan Company Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, this version was last updated on 22nd May 2018, previous versions can be obtained by contacting us. If we do make changes to this policy, we will notify you by email or a website update.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes email address, home address and contact telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
- Profile Data includes purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How is your personal data collected?
We will collect various pieces of personal information about you when you complete our on-line request forms, warranty registration, social media, when you contact us by email, request marketing to be sent you or apply for our products or services.
We may also receive personal data about you from authorised Coachman Caravan Company Limited retailers.
How will we use your personal information and how will we contact you?
- We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
- Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
- Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
- We respect your privacy and will only use your personal information in the following ways, please contact us if you need further details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data:
|Purpose / Activity||Type of data
|Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|to assist with the processing of any request you make to us||Identity, contact, transaction||Performance of a contract with you|
|to administer our website and gather broad demographic information about its users||Identity, technical, profile, usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests|
|to advise you of changes to our website||Identity, contact, usage, technical.||Necessary for our legitimate interests, Performance of a contract with you|
|for marketing purposes by Coachman Caravan Company Limited and authorised Coachman Caravan Company Limited retailers (such as providing you with brochures, details of promotions, events, new products and services and so on offered by us which may be of interest to you), if you have agreed to this||Identity, contact, transaction, profile, usage, marketing and communications||Necessary for our legitimate interests|
|to review, develop and improve our website and the services and products we offer||Identity, contact, usage, technical.||Necessary for our legitimate interests|
|to customise our website for you based on your demographics||Identity, contact, usage, technical.||Necessary for our legitimate interests|
|for processing orders and general administration purposes||Identity, contact, transaction, financial||Performance of a contract with you|
|for other purposes to which you have consented||Identity, contact, financial, transaction, technical, profile, usage, marketing and communications||Necessary for our legitimate interests, Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
- We may contact you by email, telephone, letter or otherwise:
- to keep you informed of the status of any request you have made to us via our website or by email
- to obtain any additional information necessary to fulfil any such request; to verify your identity for security reasons; and
- for other purposes to the extent permitted by law and / or to which you have consented.
To whom will we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, subsidiary companies, business associates and agents (including without limitation dealers and distributors that sell our products) some of which may be established in countries in the European Economic Area other than the United Kingdom (such as Denmark and Holland) and which may use your personal information to process on our behalf any on-line requests received by us from you;
- our regulators, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisors;
- other third parties (if we reasonably believe it is appropriate to do so in order to comply with any applicable law, court order or legal requirement);
- other third party service providers for the purpose of completing tasks on our behalf (for example to send you mailers. However, when we use third party providers, disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service, and we have a contract in place to ensure they keep your information secure and do not use it for their own direct marketing purposes; and/or
- third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may provide non-personally identifiable site visitor information generated as a result of your access to or use of our website to third parties at our discretion.
How long will we use your personal information?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Security for your personal information
We have in place security procedures to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration or theft of your personal information and in order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line and accordingly you accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes, your information will not be passed on to third parties for direct marketing purposes unless you have provided your consent.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to The Data Protection Team, Coachman Caravan Company Limited, Amsterdam Road, Sutton Fields, Industrial Estate, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU7 0XF or emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Data Protection Team, Coachman Caravan Company Limited, Amsterdam Road, Sutton Fields Industrial Estate, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU7 0XF or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.